Before You Buy Anything
- Do I really, truly, honestly need it?
- Do I have something (or five somethings) that are similar?
- Do I have something to wear with it?
- Do I have multiple things to wear with it?
- Will I really wear it, and how often?
- Am I in love with it?
- Does it look good on me?
- Did I check the label?
- Is it good quality fabric? (i.e cotton, silk, wool, linen, leather)
- Is it well structured, does the stitching seem firm?
- Will it last after a few washes?
5. Price & Value
- Can I afford it?
- Will I regret it?
- Is it good value for the price?
- Or is it just cheap?
* It’s always a good rule of thumb to think about a purchase for a day or two. If you just can’t get that top, or dress, or bag out of your mind after a few days and you just absolutely love it, and can’t live without it, get it. Odds are you will wear and enjoy that item! If you have forgotten about that “must-have” top after a day, or decided its not really that great, then you have your answer.
When if doubt, wait it out!
Your answers to the above questions should always be a firm Yes or No. That way you can avoid wasteful spending on items that you don’t absolutly love or will never wear. Then you can create a closet with pieces that you wear often and make you feel confident & amazing.
That is the goal here my sweet friends….to simplify your life and have a closet that works for you and your lifestyle!
I hope you found these buying tips/questions helpful as you build your wardrobe and will save you from regret on future purchases. Learn how to create a simplified wardrobe, through my capsule wardrobe method.
For daily outfit inspiration make sure to follow me on Instagram and join my Facebook Style Group for LIVE style tutorials every week, as I share simple, practical style tips to implement into your wardrobe!